About the Program
Leadership 44/53 is a cooperative leadership development program hosted by MSU - Wheatland County and Musselshell/Golden Valley County Extensions for residents in Wheatland and Golden Valley Counties.Each day-long session has been carefully planned by the local steering committee, so participants will develop leadership skills, increase knowledge about challenges and opportunities and network with members of communities along the Musselshell.
A group of 12-15 participants will be selected from the two counties to participate in Leadership 44/53.Participants will meet six times between January and August to learn about their local situations, improve their personal leadership skills, and understand more about how people work together to address the complex issues our communities are facing.The cost to attend the program is $125.00 tuition for each participant, due prior to the first meeting.The remaining cost is being paid by a generous grant from the Callant Family Foundation.Scholarships are available.
It is important that you plan to attend all of the sessions.
January 28, 2022
February 25, 2022
March 18, 2022
April 22, 2022
May 20, 2022
June 17, 2022
June - August - Group project work
August TBA Graduation Celebration
Prepare local leaders and equip them with the skills, knowledge, and vision to become involved citizens that:
- Value and understand county-wide opportunities and challenges;
- Cultivate relationship and foster collaboration with incredible leaders;
- Embrace opportunities to actively participate;
- Promote positive impacts;
- Advance personal growth through new and/or existing involvement;
- Foster and facilitate positive cultural change.
Leadership 44/53 participants will develop leadership skills to:
- Understand more about themselves and appreciate the differences in others;
- Facilitate, mediate, and effectively engage in community-based conversations;
- Persevere and exhibit resilience in the face of adversity;
- Contribute to the enhancement of and help Wheatland and Golden Valley Counties thrive.
For questions or an application, please contact Mandie Reed at 632-4728 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.